Genesys Membrane Biocide
Genesol 30 is a fast acting, broad-spectrum biocide used for cleaning Reverse Osmosis and Nano-Filtration membranes. It can be used both on and off-line to eliminate microbiological fouling. When used in potable water applications, Genesol 30 should be used ‘off-line’. Genesol 30 is also effective in removing biofilm from pumps, tanks and pipe-work. Best results are obtained when Genesol 30 is used at a pH 5.5 – 7.0. Residual Genesol 30 can be deactivated to harmless byproducts by using sodium bisulphite. Genesol 30 is readily biodegradable in the environment; the degradation rate is enhanced at increasing pH and temperature.
- Suitable for use in RO and Nano-Filtration membranes
- Effective against most micro-organisms
- Fast acting – short contact time needed
- Compatible with all polyamide membranes
- Easily deactivated to harmless by-products
- Can be used to clean pre-treatment systems